HEARTS for Helpers: Resources and support to empower social service providers in self care and leadership development.
HEARTS for Helpers
This page is designed to provide resources and support to empower social service providers in self care and leadership development.
Self care and development is important for:
- Healing and wholeness
- Effective practice decision-making
- Living up to ethical principles
- Relationship-building and role modeling
- Burnout prevention
- Avoiding vicarious traumatization
- Creating healthy environments and relationships that support (HEARTS)
It is easier to engage in self care and development when social networks and environments facilitate these practices. This site is designed to support the development of Healthy Environments And Relationships That Support (HEARTS) for YOU through service, education, tools and resources.